The MAC series of brushless servo motors with integrated electronics represents a major step forward. All the necessary electronics in a servo system are integrated in the motor itself.
In the past, a traditional motor system has typically been based on a central controller unit located remote from the motor. This configuration however has the negative effect that installation costs are a major part of the total expense of building machinery.
The basic idea of the MAC motors is to minimize these costs but also to make a component that is much better protected against electrical noise which can be a typical problem when using long cables between the controller and motor.
The servo motor, hall sensor, encoder and electronics are specially developed by JVL so that together they form a closed unit in which the power driver and controller are mounted inside the motor in a closed section.Advantages:
- De-central intelligence.
- Simple installation. No cables between motor and driver.
- EMC safe. Switching noise remains within motor.
- Compact. Does not take space in cabinet. Typically a 3/5 core cable is used from PLC or similar to MAC motor.
- Option for built-in brake and/or multiturn absolute encoder.
- Uses the same expansion modules as the MAC 50-141 series.
- Built-in mains supply filter.
- CE approved/UL approved (400,800) or pending (1500-3000).
- IP55 and IP66
- μPLC built-in.
- Low price.
- From PC/PLC with drive commands via S232/RS485/ RS422
- Pulse/direction or quadrature inputs.
- 10 bit ±10V input for speed or torque control. A+B en coder output.
- Register mode via 4 inputs or serial commands
- Option for μPLC built-in with simple fill in the blank commands for motion and control.
- Option for Fieldbus. Profibus DP, Canbus, Devicenet, Bluetooth Wireless.